Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's Love Month, right?

The last 6 weeks have been really rough for my little family.  We've had some of the worst colds ever - mostly my husband and I - and we're struggling to keep up with day-to-day life.  Thankfully, my husband works from home, so he can take a nap in the middle of the day if he needs one.  It doesn't help me much, because, well, it just means I have another baby to take care of!

So I'm finally getting around to posting my Valentine's Day earrings.  I've made a bunch more than these, including some new designs, but I find that my creative energy is being sapped by everything else going on.

Of course blogger thinks the pic isn't a real pic...

This is what I get for trying to transfer to a new(er) computer after having been sick for a long time.  Ugh.

Apparently computers aren't so smart.  I had to rename the file before it would recognize it as a jpg.

Anyway, because I feel the need to be creative, I look everywhere for materials that might make fun jewelry.  If you look closely, you'll see former buttons, metal brads, shrinky dinks, beads, and even real candy hearts (coated with Mod Podge).  It feels good to take something and use it in a different way than it was intended.  Not sure why.

I am selling the earrings.  For now, they are available through this blog (and handybyheather@gmail.com), on facebook, and at Orem Family Pharmacy in Orem, Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment